New Constructs is an independent investment research firm that provides unrivaled insights into the fundamentals and valuation of public businesses. Combining human expertise with NLP/ML/AI technologies, the firm’s research shines light in the dark corners (e.g. footnotes) of hundreds of thousands of financial filings to unearth critical details that drive uniquely comprehensive and independent debt and equity investment ratings, valuation models and research tools.
Elite money managers, advisors and institutions have relied on us to lower risk and improve performance since 2004. See our client testimonials. Leading media outlets regularly feature our research.
Partnerships with TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Refinitiv/Thomson Reuters, Interactive Brokers, Ernst & Young and more enable us to deliver our investment ratings & research on over 10,000 stocks, ETFs and mutual funds to millions of self-directed investors, financial advisors and corporate executives.
Harvard Business School featured the unique expertise and technology that enables us to produce superior fundamental research with unrivaled scale. This paper compares our data and analytics on a mega cap company to other major providers.
Watch our 3.5 minute About Us video to get to know us better.
New Constructs is seeking upcoming and recent graduates with a strong interest in the equity markets for our next Associate Analyst class.
All incoming Associate Analysts participate in a custom, classroom-setting training program taught by CEO and former hedge fund manager, David Trainer. After developing the necessary conceptual foundation in financial statement analysis and valuation, new Associate Analysts gain hands-on training for modeling different firms across all sectors in a 4-6 month program. Throughout the program, Associate Analysts will be trained to build and update models using New Constructs’ cutting-edge technology. Importantly, our technology enables Associate Analysts to analyze more financial statements in a few months than most would see in a lifetime. Our technology enables you to learn more and learn faster.
Usually, after 2 years, the Associate Analyst will be considered for a promotion to Analyst. New Constructs only promotes internally. Further professional development is fostered through our Analyst Mentor Program. Enrollment in the CFA program is highly encouraged, with reimbursement offered upon the successful completion of each exam.
The Associate Analyst's primary responsibilities include:
- Leverage cutting-edge, proprietary machine learning software and AI to analyze financial statements and footnotes with unrivaled rigor
- Build and maintain economic earnings and discounted cash flow models
- Perform financial and statistical analyses on individual companies and whole industries to support the generation of published research
- Propose and implement updates to financial models to reflect accounting changes
- Prepare presentation and other materials for clients
- Work directly with programmers to improve our proprietary technlogies
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, economics, or other quantitative background is preferred but all majors are highly encouraged to apply
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong financial accounting and modeling skills
- A competitive academic record and 0-2 years of work experience
- High overall computer proficiency including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Superior oral and written communication skills; superior ability to get work done, meet deadlines, and prioritize
- A passion for the equity markets and interest in fundamental analysis
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com