New Constructs is a financial technology firm looking for a software developer to build and improve data intensive applications in an innovative start-up environment. You will work alongside forensic accounting experts to develop proprietary technology to analyze complex financial data and automate the financial modeling process. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute by helping to identify potential obstacles and possible solutions, and helping to choose a solution that best meets the business needs of the company.
About New Constructs:
Value Investing 2.0 - Research for Fulfilling Fiduciary Duties
New Constructs leverages the latest in machine learning and natural language processing to analyze structured and unstructured financial data with unrivaled speed and accuracy. The firm’s forensic accounting experts work alongside engineers to develop proprietary technology to bring automation to financial analysis and modeling. Our investment ratings are based on the best fundamental data in the business for stocks, ETFs and mutual funds. Clients include many of the top hedge funds, mutual funds and wealth management firms. David Trainer, the firm’s CEO, is regularly featured in the media as a thought leader on the fiduciary duty of care, earnings quality, valuation and investment strategy.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage data access, generation, and storage
- Contribute to internal system development and operation, including our proprietary internal desktop application, machine-learning parsing application, and automated modeling tools
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an automated, scalable, and secure system architecture
Experience with modern programming languages, relational databases, & Unix/Linux environments.
- Familiarity with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Interest in full-stack development
- Desire to be involved in end-to-end product development
- Excellent problem solving skills
Like to Have:
- Familiarity with Hibernate and/or Spring
- Experience with Amazon Web Services products
- Familiarity with Python 3
Why New Constructs?
- We’re excited about what we’re doing.
- We listen to each other, and we tell each other the truth.
- We believe everyone can (and should) contribute – good ideas aren’t determined by seniority or job title.
- We reward responsibility and initiative with opportunity.
- We embrace curiosity, learning, flexibility, and change.
- We work together – collaboration produces superior results.
We’re based in Brentwood, TN, a suburb of Nashville. We’ve got a strong economy, lower cost of living, great local culture, and a fast-growing tech sector. Check out WorkITNashville for more on living and working in Nashville.
To apply, send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.