Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios, Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, Dividend Growth Stocks, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
Through 2Q18, we delivered stock picks that outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups. As of July 25, 2018:
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio underperformed in 2Q18 (+1.1% vs. S&P +4.6%). This portfolio is up 28% since inception while the S&P is also up 28%
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio outperformed on a price (+10.2% vs. S&P +5.5%) and total return basis (+11.5% vs. S&P +6.0%) in 2Q18.
- The Dividend Growth Model Portfolio outperformed on a price (+5.8% vs. S&P +5.4%) and total return basis (+6.5% vs. S&P +5.9%) in 2Q18.
- Our large cap short strategy beat the short S&P 500 by 1% in the first half of 2018.
- Our small cap long strategy beat the Russell 2000 by 1% in the first half of 2018.
These strategies (and others) have also beaten their benchmarks since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 10% annualized vs. just 7% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.