Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios, Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, Dividend Growth Stocks, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
In 3Q19, we delivered stock picks that outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups.
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio beat the S&P 500 by 5.5% through 3Q19.
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio underperformed the S&P 500 on a price and total return basis through 3Q19.
- The Dividend Growth Model Portfolio beat the S&P 500 by 3.3% price return and 4.0% total return through 3Q19. 
- Our small cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 9% YTD.
- Our large and small cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 8%.
- Our small cap long strategy beat the Russell 2000 by 7%.
These strategies (and others) have also beaten their benchmarks since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 9% annualized vs. just 6% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.
 S&P 500 performance varies for each portfolio due to different publish dates and measurement periods. See the individual portfolio sections below for more details.