Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios – Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, Dividend Growth Stocks, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
In 2019, we delivered stock picks that outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups.
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio outperformed on a price return basis in 2019 (+26.4% vs. S&P +25.8%).
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio underperformed on a total return basis in 2019 (+16.8% vs. S&P +28.1%).
- The Dividend Growth Stocks Model Portfolio underperformed on a total return basis in 2019 (+24.0% vs. S&P +24.4%).
- Our large cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 13% in 2019.
- Our large cap long strategy beat the S&P 500 by 5% in 2019.
- Our large cap short strategy beat the short S&P 500 by 8% in 2019.
These strategies (and others) have also beaten their benchmarks since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 10% annualized vs. just 7% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.
 S&P 500 performance varies for each portfolio due to different publish dates and measurement periods. See the individual portfolio sections in the PDF for more details.