Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios, Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
Through 1Q17, we delivered stock picks that, by and large, outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups. As of April 18, 2017:
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio is up 23% since inception in May 2016 while the S&P is up 11%.
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio is up 14% since inception in October 2016 while the S&P is up 10%.
- Our small cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 9% YTD.
- Our small cap short strategy beat the short Russell 2000 by 8%.
- Our large and small cap short strategy beat the short S&P 500 and Russell 2000 by 4%.
These strategies (and others) have beaten their benchmarks by much more since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 10% annualized vs. just 6% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.