Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios, Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, Dividend Growth Stocks, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
Through 3Q17, we delivered stock picks that outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups. As of October 31, 2017:
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio is up 20% since inception in May 2016 while the S&P 500 is up 22%.
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio is up 12% price return and 18% total return since inception in October 2016 while the S&P 500 is up 18% price return and 21% total return.
- The Dividend Growth Model Portfolio is up 4% price return and 5% total return since inception in June 2017 while the S&P is up 6% price and total return.
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio is up 11% price return and 15% total return since inception in October 2016 while the S&P 500 is up 14% price return and 16% total return.
- Our small cap short strategy beat the short Russell 2000 by 14% YTD.
- Our small cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 13%.
- Our large and small cap short strategy beat the short S&P 500 and Russell 2000 by 7%.
These strategies (and others) have beaten their benchmarks by much more since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 10% annualized vs. just 7% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.