Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios, Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, Dividend Growth Stocks, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
Through 1Q18, we delivered stock picks that outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups. As of April 25, 2018:
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio outperformed the S&P in 1Q18 and is up 26% since inception while the S&P is up 23%.
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio is up 10% price return and 19% total return since inception in October 2016 while the S&P is up 23% price return and 26% total return.
- The Dividend Growth Stocks Model Portfolio is up 6% price return and 8% total return since inception in June 2017 while the S&P is up 11% price return and 12% total return.
- Our large cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 7% YTD.
- Our large cap long strategy beat the S&P 500 by 6%.
- Our large and small cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 5%.
These strategies (and others) have beaten their benchmarks by much more since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 10% annualized vs. just 7% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.