Our Model Portfolio Performance Vs. The Indexes
Every month, we release our updated Model Portfolios, Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC, Safest Dividend Yields, Dividend Growth Stocks, and the 40 Most Attractive and 40 Most Dangerous stocks. These portfolios offer our clients multiple strategies to outperform in good and bad markets.
In 2017, we delivered stock picks that outperformed their benchmarks and major indexes and helped protect from blowups. As of December 31, 2017:
- The Exec Comp Aligned with ROIC Model Portfolio outperformed the S&P in 4Q17 and is up 31% since inception while the S&P is up 30%.
- The Safest Dividend Yields Model Portfolio is up 15% price return and 22% total return while the S&P 500 is up 26% price return and 28% total return.
- The Dividend Growth Stocks Model Portfolio is up 12% price return and 13% total return while the S&P 500 is up 15% price and total return.
- Our small cap short strategy beat the short Russell 2000 by 16% in 2017.
- Our small cap long/short strategy beat the Risk-Free Rate by 14% in 2017.
- Our large and small cap short strategy beat the short S&P 500 and Russell 2000 by 11% in 2017.
These strategies (and others) have beaten their benchmarks by much more since the Most Attractive & Most Dangerous inception in January 2005. Since inception, our large and small cap long strategy has returned 10% annualized vs. just 7% for the S&P 500 and Russell 2000.