CEO David Trainer joined Tobias Carlisle, founder and principal of Acquirers Fund, on the Acquirer’s Podcast. Topics discussed include:
- The reason for founding New Constructs
- Why Wall Street largely ignores fundamentals
- Bias and manipulation in reported earnings
- Using machine learning to analyze financial filings, especially footnotes
- Core earnings, earnings distortion, and what they reveal about the market
Get more information of the topics above by reading these articles:
- Beware Footnote Mischief
- Novel Database is Better at Measuring and Predicting Core Earnings and Stock Prices
- Consensus Earnings Are Wrong & How Much Is It Costing You?
- Big Tech Leads Decline in Core Earnings
- Earnings Distortion Analysis Reveals Opportunity in Defensive Sectors
This article originally published on January 7, 2020.
Disclosure: David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Sam McBride receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, sector, style, or theme.