We are September’s #6 ranked stock picker in Consumer Staples per SumZero Rankings. SumZero is a highly exclusive buy-side only community with over 16,000 pre-screened professional portfolio managers.
We give members of New Constructs access to these ideas, as we do all research, before we post them to SumZero.
- KLA Tencor (KLAC) – up 129% since publishing in August 2017
- Williams Sonoma (WSM) – up 76% since publishing in September 2016
- D.R. Horton (DHI) – up 68% since publishing in April 2020
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) – up 52% since publishing in May 2017
- HCA Healthcare (HCA) – up 39% since publishing in June 2020
- Overstock.com (OSTK) – down 69% when position closed in March 2020
- TrueCar Inc. (TRUE) – down 67% when position closed in June 2019
This article originally published on September 4, 2020.
Disclosure: David Trainer owns DHI. David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Matt Shuler receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, style, or theme.
 Our core earnings are a superior measure of profits, as demonstrated in Core Earnings: New Data & Evidence a paper by professors at Harvard Business School (HBS) & MIT Sloan. The paper empirically shows that our data is superior to “Operating Income After Depreciation” and “Income Before Special Items” from Compustat, owned by S&P Global (SPGI).