We are February’s #3 ranked stock picker in Healthcare per SumZero Rankings. SumZero is a highly exclusive buy-side only community with over 12,000 pre-screened professional portfolio managers.
We are also ranked #7 in Consumer Staples.
Below are some of the ideas, which utilize the superior data and Earnings Distortion research featured by the HBS & MIT Sloan Paper, “Core Earnings: New Data and Evidence”, that drive these high rankings. We give members of New Constructs access to these ideas, as we do all research, before we post them to SumZero.
- KLA Tencor (KLAC) – long – up 91% since publishing in August 2017
- NVR Inc. (NVR) – long – up 83% since publishing in April 2017
- TrueCar Inc. (TRUE) – SHORT – down 67% when position closed in June 2019
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) – long – up 41% since publishing in May 2017
- Target Corporation (TGT) – long – up 34% since publishing in June 2019
This article originally published on February 7, 2020.
Disclosure: David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Matt Shuler receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, style, or theme.
 In Core Earnings: New Data & Evidence, professors at Harvard Business School (HBS) & MIT Sloan empirically show that our “novel dataset” is superior to “Street Earnings” from Refinitiv’s IBES, owned by Blackstone (BX) and Thomson Reuters (TRI), and “Income Before Special Items” from Compustat, owned by S&P Global (SPGI).