We are March’s #5 ranked stock picker in Healthcare per SumZero Rankings. SumZero is a highly exclusive buy-side only community with over 12,000 pre-screened professional portfolio managers.
We are also ranked #10 in Consumer Staples.
Below are some of the ideas, which utilize the superior data and Earnings Distortion research featured by the HBS & MIT Sloan Paper, “Core Earnings: New Data and Evidence”, that drive these high rankings. We give members of New Constructs access to these ideas, as we do all research, before we post them to SumZero.
- NVR Inc. (NVR) – long – up 82% since publishing in April 2017
- KLA Tencor (KLAC) – long – up 77% since publishing in August 2017
- TrueCar Inc. (TRUE) – SHORT – down 67% when position closed in June 2019
- Winmark Corp (WINA) – long – up 52% since publishing in October 2017
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN) – long – up 30% since publishing in May 2017
This article originally published on March 5, 2020.
Disclosure: David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Matt Shuler receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, style, or theme.
 Our core earnings are a superior measure of profits, as demonstrated in In Core Earnings: New Data & Evidence a paper by professors at Harvard Business School (HBS) & MIT Sloan. The paper empirically shows that our data is superior to IBES “Street Earnings”, owned by Blackstone (BX) and Thomson Reuters (TRI), and “Income Before Special Items” from Compustat, owned by S&P Global (SPGI).