We are March’s #2 ranked stock picker in the Long category on SumZero Rankings, a highly exclusive buy-side only community with over 16,000 pre-screened professional portfolio managers.
Below are some of our best picks, which utilize our proprietary fundamental data, proven more reliable than legacy datasets in Core Earnings: New Data and Evidence, forthcoming in The Journal of Financial Economics.
We give members of New Constructs access to these ideas, as we do all research, before we post them to SumZero.
- GameStop (GME) – up over 1100% when position closed in January 2021
- Williams-Sonoma (WSM) – up 159% since publishing in September 2016
- Mastec Inc. (MTZ) – up 107% since publishing in June 2020
- NVR Inc. (NVR) – up 106% since publishing in April 2017
- General Motors (GM) – up 93% since reiterating in July 2020
- Hertz Global Holdings (HTZ) – down 75% when position closed in April 2020
- TrueCar Inc. (TRUE) – down 67% when position closed in June 2019
This article originally published on March 4, 2021.
Disclosure: David Trainer, Kyle Guske II, and Matt Shuler receive no compensation to write about any specific stock, style, or theme.
 Our reports utilize our Core Earnings, a more reliable measure of profits, as demonstrated in Core Earnings: New Data & Evidence, a paper by professors at Harvard Business School (HBS) & MIT Sloan. Recently accepted by the Journal of Financial Economics, the paper reveals significant inaccuracies, omissions, and biases in legacy fundamental datasets while proving the superiority of our fundamental data.